Spicy Mango Salad
Red mango Jalapeno pepper transparent noodle Sichuan Peppercorn
Serving: about 4 people, double the ingredients for more people
- Red mango (1 large size)
- Transparent noodles (1 bundle)
- Jalapeno pepper ( 2-3)
- Sichuan peppercorn (1 tsp)
- Canola oil (2-3 tbsp); sesame oil (1 tsp)
- Lemon juice, white vinegar, soya sauce, white sugar, salt
- Dried red pepper (optional for more spicy taste)
To prepare the salad:
- Soak dry noodles in boiled hot water (but don’t boil the noodles) for about 5-10 minutes till the
noodles turn into transparent and soft (test for the desired texture). Drain and set aside.
- Peel red mango, slice it and cut into thin strips
- Cut Jalapeno peppers, discard the seeds and cut them into thin strips
- Mix mango strips and noodles in a salad bowl
To prepare the oil:
- Heat 2 -3 tbsp canola oil in a wok over medium heat, add Sichuan peppercorn (about 1 tsp) and
keep heating till the peppercorns turn into dark brown (almost burned), discard the peppercorns.
- Add Jalapeno strips to the oil, quick stir for a few seconds, turn off heat.
- Pour Jalapeno pepper and oil over the mixed mango and noodles, add 1 tsp sesame oil and mix
To prepare the dressing:
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp white vinegar, 1⁄2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp soya sauce, 1⁄2 tbsp white sugar
and 1⁄2 tsp salt ( taste to decide if any ingredients need to be altered, depending on what you like)
- Mix all ingredients well, set it aside. Keep it separated from the salad till serving.
Keep the salad refrigerated, only add the dressing a few minutes before serving
Aiping Mango Salad recipe 2020
Finishe salad should look like this. :) Good luck and enjoy it!