448 Boggy Gut Road, Windsor, SC 29856 | (803) 450-6613 | email@example.com
Diploma | 06/2016 | Barnwell High School
· Class of 2016 Honor graduate
· Class rank: 17 out of 159
· 4.3 final GPA on state of SC 2015-16 5.0 GPA scale
· Member of National Forensics League (Speech and Debate), National Beta Club, National Technical Honor Society, and National Honor Society
· Enhanced diploma in areas of Academics, Business and Arts/Humanities
Bachelor of Arts | 05/2020 | University of South Carolina- Aiken
· Major: Elementary Education
· Member of National Society of Leadership and Success
· GPA: 3.6 on 4.0 scale
Educational Practicum | University of South Carolina- Aiken
· August 2016 - October 2016: 5th Grade GT; Mrs. Griffin
· November 2016 - May 2017: 4th Grade; Mr. Rinder
· August 2017 - May 2018: 4th Grade; Mrs. Blacha
· September 2018 - December 2018: 2nd Grade; Mrs. Pencille
Did you know that it is rare for males to go into elementary education? For this reason, I want to help fill a gap that plagues this profession around the world. I had a total of two male teachers from my 6 years in elementary school; that is not a lot. Having male educators puts hope into students who are thinking about joining a profession such as education.
I knew I wanted to become a teacher at the age of 17 because I always had a passion for the profession. My Senior year of high school, I was able to enroll in Teacher Cadets. This course allowed me to experience teaching first hand, and it led me to apply for Teaching Fellows. In April 2016, I was accepted into the program at the University of South Carolina- Aiken where I continued to pursue the field of education. Since then, I have been teaching every semester, and the journey has only just begun!
Since high school, I have obtained membership to various clubs. In high school, I became a member of the National Forensics League (Speech and Debate), the National Technical Honor Society, the National Beta Club, and the National Honor Society. In college, I became a member of the South Carolina Teaching Fellows Program and the National Society of Leadership and Success. These clubs taught me the true value of striving for excellence and pursuing goals I set my mind to.